What would be the key theme of your first Inaugural Address?

by on February 8, 2013

Page one of George Washington’s first Inaugural Address, April 30, 1789. National Archives, Records of the U.S. Senate.

George Washington’s first inauguration took place in Federal Hall in New York City, where the first Congress was assembled.  Keenly aware of the momentousness of the occasion, Washington accepted the Presidency and spoke of his determination to make the American experiment a success.

What would be the key theme of your first Inaugural Address?

Comments

mb February 18, 2013 at 3:20 pm

I would follow the ideas regarding
1. the brief description of current situation of the nation
2. my plan – what I would like to do, why and what are the benefits for the nation
3. my expectations – how I expect the people, the Congress to support my plan.

Brenda Bell February 28, 2013 at 9:16 pm

My theme of my first inaugural address would be the importance of maintaining the constitution, keeping our taxes low and keeping government small.

Bill Summers February 28, 2013 at 11:28 pm

Thanking Our Creator and sharing my vision of freedom in America.

Christina Day March 1, 2013 at 5:56 pm

My theme for my inaugural address would be the importance of family and marriage on the future of our country. Putting values back in the family will help this country produce the leaders we will need in the troubling times ahead.

Yim Thoj March 5, 2013 at 11:19 pm

Maintaining and sustain the importance of our traditional values, smaller governments, and keeping our moral strength, optimism, patriotism strong and alive in this nation. Strive to make us all believe in ourselves again and to maintain the safety of all Americans everywhere in this world. One last thing I would also like mention is to unite all nation together as one and set aside our differences (If that is ever possible!).

Steve Kelemen March 8, 2013 at 3:21 pm

1. I would prepare a plan to eliminate the national debt ASAP

2. I would make sure we would not loose any of our freedom. I want my grand children and future generation to enjoy what I. Have and I had for over 51 years

Leesa Danzek March 15, 2013 at 7:16 pm

The first theme of my inaugural address would be hope, the re-installment of faith in our military and government, and the security of jobs for all.