As President of a new nation, what would be the first thing you do?

by on February 8, 2013

Washington’s signature appears inside of this custom bound copy of the Acts of Congress.

Over two centuries ago, on April 30, 1789, George Washington delivered his first Inaugural Address knowing that he had little to guide him in the job that lay ahead but the principles stated in the Constitution.  Washington was a strong supporter of the Constitution and would look to it for guidance in his unprecedented role as President.
In George Washington’s personal copy of the Acts of Congress, his handwritten notes can be seen in the margins.  The notes provide insight into Washington’s crucial role in the implementation and interpretation of the Constitution and the establishment of the new American government.

As President of a new nation, what would be the first thing you do?

Comments

mb February 18, 2013 at 3:15 pm

I would draft and/or support the drafting of the Constitution. The Constitution is the main act, in fact, the first act that settles the rule of law for a new nation.

irish american March 5, 2013 at 2:13 pm

i would build an irish american museum

Yim Thoj March 5, 2013 at 11:10 pm

I would first try to maintain the safety and peace of everyone in this nation. Thus, I will continue on sustaining the importance of keeping the American Dream and patriotism alive throughout the presidency years. Also bring the hope and optimism to each and everyone of us all!

Varsha & Varun July 16, 2013 at 4:23 pm

I would help to pass are that says smoking is prohibited everywhere!!

Frederick Steve s August 19, 2013 at 12:59 pm

If I became President I would work hard to creat jobs for everyone!

Andrew September 3, 2013 at 10:41 am

I would help people if there hurt.And give people homes.

Josh September 3, 2013 at 10:41 am

I would make every country free. And help the poor.And honor the men and woman who fought for my country.

Nolan September 3, 2013 at 10:42 am

I would make sure everyone has a house and paying jobs.

Emmanuel September 3, 2013 at 10:42 am

If I where President I will make America better by giving people more rights.

juan September 3, 2013 at 10:42 am

If I became president I would hire people to clean the city and hire more firefighters to spray down the fire so nobody would get hurt.

Briona September 3, 2013 at 10:43 am

I will give people money who need money so they want be broke.

Aaliyah September 4, 2013 at 10:01 am

I would make sure people have homes that deserve it and give them jobs and help people if their doing bad and make sure bad people go to prison with following all the laws.

Maegan September 4, 2013 at 10:02 am

I would make sure everyone has been equally treated and make sure everyone has a job to support there family and have a war free zone !!!!! :)

christopher September 4, 2013 at 10:03 am

I would grow crops for my people and make homes.

kenneth f September 4, 2013 at 10:04 am

I would give all poor people paying jobs and homes and food and supplies.

Daniel September 4, 2013 at 10:04 am

Well i would say i front of everybody that i will make this country better than how it is right now because today is ugly and i say that people should raise money for the army.

Lilly September 4, 2013 at 10:05 am

i would raise money for the homeless people, and give food to them.

Peter September 29, 2013 at 1:46 pm

i would build a chamber for the new Congress and have the ceiling painted with stars to remind the members of the Star Chamber

Lucy May 21, 2014 at 9:37 am

Give job to many people More Moz Tools

Rizzy May 21, 2014 at 9:43 am

If i became a president, i want to create jobs for many people. Thats it. TechRizz

MikeMjC2279 June 17, 2014 at 8:34 pm

I would compell, all branches of the military along with the dept of veterans affairs. To UNCOVER their present day COVERUP! That goes back a minimum of 25yrs.(getting a break here). OF CHEHMICAL POISONING DISEASE’s, YES PLURAL FROM, TRRICHLOROETHYLENE TCE. see emidicne!!! For many articles on it but go to human health or human response for medical symptoms going into diseases! THIS WILL BE, ACUTE, LONG TERM, EXSPOSURE & IREVERSABLE! ALSO 2 MORE CHEMICALS falling right behind TCE, NASTY IN THEIR OWN RIGHT, NOT TO BE SLIGHTED, ARE JP4 & JP5 MILITARY JET FUELS,
THEY ARE CLASSED AS ROCKET FUEL!!! VERY COMPONDED & NOT GOOD FOR THE INDIVIDUAL OVER EXSPOSED. AND TERE ARE MORE EVEN, THIS MUCH WILL GET THE IDEA ACROSS. 1000s & 1 UB000s OF VETERANS, EVEN ACTIVE DUTY??? PERSONEL ARE EITHER, GTTING SICK, VERY SICK, OR SERIOUSLY ILL. BLOG IS TOO LONG, JUST HANG IN THERE, OK. THE VA WILL NOT TOUCH IT ANY LEVEL, NO ADDMISSION OF GUILT OR RESPONSILLITY. SO NO ONE IS GETTING ANY MEDICAL CARE FOR IT, DIAGNOSED AS A DISEASE & UNABLE TO GET DISSABILLITY FOR IT, DUE TO THE COVERUP/DENIAL. I DON’T EVEN THINK THE PRESIDENT IS AWARE OF IT. GO FIGURE? SWOOSH RIGHT OVER HIS HEAD, WHAT AN IDIOT!!! NO DUMB ASS!!! PROBABLY DOESN’T EVEN HAVE ENOUGH CLERANCE ANY WAY? SO THIS IS VERY SIMILAR TO AGENT ORANGE, VIETNAM VETERANS, HOW MANY OF THEM DIED BEFORE IT’S SCANDAL BROKE OPEN??? SO NO MORE SCANDALS, COVERUP, DENIALS EVER AGAIN THIS IS THE LAST ONE??? I’D MAKE IT A CRIMINAL ACT OF THE HIGHEST, GREEGIOUS LEVEL THEIR WOULD ABSOLUTELY BE HARD CORE JAIL TIME, NO KIDDING. IT,s ABOUT TO BREAK LOSE THOUGH, PRIVATE MEDICAL DIAGNOSIS!!! CAN’T SAY MORE!!! VA HAS NEVER BEEN SO VULNERABLE SECRET WAITING LISTS THATS NOT EVEN THE HALF OF WHAT THE GOVMT IS UP TO!!! ONCE I HAVE MY WEB PAGE UP AND GOING I WILL MORE INFO, NIOSH PUBLICATIONS NO LONGER AVAILABLE TO THE PUBLIC OR THE CDC. HOWEVER IT IS NOT GOING AWAY. ALL IT IS GOING TO TAKE IS THE FIRST DIAGNOSIS AND IT’S RIGHT THERE AND HAPPENING RIGHT NOW!!! ENOUGH SAID!!! SIGN ON THIS TOPIC, MY E MAIL IS VALID! I WILL GIVE YOU MY WEB PAGE NAME TO BE SET UP SOON, FOR THE PUBLIC, MEDIA, ANY PRO GOVMT ADVOCATING FOR VETERANS WITH ANY PROBLEM, HELL WHY DO WE ANY PROBLEMS LIKE THIS. I HAVE AT LEAST A RIGHT TO BETTER THAN AS A 17yr RETIRED AIR FORCE 100% DISABLED VETERAN, UNEMPLOYABLE. AND I ASSERT, CONFIRM WITH ABSOLUTION!! I KNOW WHAT I AM SAYING TO BE TRUE. NOT PARANOID OR A CONSPIRACY NUT. REASEARCH ADDICTION YES WELL EDUCATED HIGHLY INTELLIGENT AGAIN YES. JUST A DOWN TO MY LAST GOOD NERVE VETERAN, TIRED OF BEING JACKED AROUND, CONCERENED ABOUT MY FELLOW VETERANS WELLARE, THAT IS HARD HARD TO LIVE WITH VINDIFATION ABOUT THIS IS CLOSE. JUST NEEDING ONE MORE REAL HARD PUSH TO GET IT OVER THE MOUNTAIN, WALLS WILL BEGIN TO CRUMBLE, MAYBE YOU CAN HELP PASS ALONG THE WORD. TARGET MEDIA, POLITICIANS UNCOVERING ALL SORTS OF VA TROUBLE AND THIS HAS TO GO HIGHER TO U.S. FEDERAL GOVMT, I’D SAY ONLY A FEW KNOW??? ABOUT THIS. SO BREAK IT LOSE, IF I WERE PRESIDENT, HELL YES I’D START HERE, GOD BLESS YOU ALL, PRAYERS WOULDN’T HURT… MJC,Jr. signing off.

Peter Wootton June 23, 2014 at 7:44 am

I would invest heavily in sustainable energies and developing new tech.

Lonely July 19, 2014 at 8:49 pm

I’ll make everyone in the US will have a house and paying jobs. Check on Google