Comment and Posting Policy
You are encouraged to share your comments, ideas, and concerns. Please be aware of the following policies for this blog:
- This is a moderated blog, and NARA will only post comments from bloggers that relate to topics on the specific blog subject matter.
- NARA will review all comments before posting them.
- Your comments are welcome at any time. We intend to review and post comments between 8:30 am and 5:30 pm Monday through Friday, excluding federal holidays. We intend to review and post comments submitted at other times as soon as possible on the next business day. We strive to respond to questions on the same day we post them.
- NARA will not post comments that contain abusive, vulgar, offensive, threatening or harassing language, personal attacks of any kind, or offensive terms that target specific individuals or groups.
- NARA will not post comments that are clearly off-topic, that promote services or products, or that promote or oppose any political party, person campaigning for elected office, or any ballot proposition.
- Gratuitous links to sites are viewed as spam and may result in the comment being removed.
- Communications made through the blog’s email and messaging system will in no way constitute a legal or official notice or comment to the NARA or any official or employee of NARA for any purpose.
- The content of all comments are released into the public domain unless the commenter clearly states otherwise, so do not submit anything you do not wish to be broadcast to the general public.
- Personally identifiable information such as social security numbers, addresses and telephone numbers will be removed from comments by the moderator before they are posted.
- NARA does not discriminate against any views, but reserves the right not to post comments that do not adhere to these standards.
NARA will make best efforts to review comments and post them as quickly as possible.
Members of the media are asked to pose your questions to the NARA Public Affairs Office through their normal channels and to refrain from submitting questions here as comments. Media questions or comments will not be posted. NARA Public Affairs can be reached at 202-357-5300
NARA manages this blog as a portal for information from the U.S. National Archives and Records Administration. However, information posted on this blog is not official policy of NARA and will in no way grant anyone any rights, privileges, or standing on any matter. All information should be verified through official channels at NARA. For contact information at NARA, please check http://www.archives.gov.