The holdings of the National Archives are vast. With more than 12 billion pages of textual records alone, it is essential that we continue to explore and employ innovative strategies to provide effective access. By understanding how you currently access our records and better understanding your unique needs, we will be better positioned to ensure your success in using the country’s records.
Analyzing our work.
From Record Group 208: Records of the Office of War Information, 1926 – 1951. National Archives Identifier: 535579
Here’s what some of our data shows:
Number of visits to all NARA facilities in FY2014: 4,163,905; up from 4,112,813 in FY13
- Number of visits to our exhibits in FY2014: 3,451,044; up from 3,204,642 in FY13
- Number of researcher visits to all NARA facilities in FY2014: 104,366; down from 114,096 in FY13
Number of written requests answered by all NARA offices in FY2014: 1,065,513; down from 1,132,525 in FY13
- Number of written requests (includes fax, letter, email) received by all NARA archival offices in FY2014: 114,577; down from 122,442 in FY13
- Number of written requests received by the St. Louis Military Personnel Records Center in FY2014: 950,936; down from 1,010,083 in FY13
Website and Online Catalog:
- Traffic to Archives.gov: We had 31,093,042 visits from 22,869,469 visitors who viewed 86,729,808 pages, up 6% from FY13
- Percentage of online users