Make a Lunch Date with FOIA and Alternative Dispute Resolution
Conflict Resolution Week is October 15-19, 2012. To help celebrate, the federal Interagency Alternative Dispute Resolution Working Group is sponsoring a number of events. OGIS is pleased to be part of that celebration by offering the upcoming brown bag meeting/teleconference, “Dispute Resolution’s Impact on the FOIA Framework.”
If you are interested in how OGIS is using Dispute Resolution (DR) as a common meeting ground for FOIA disputes, please plan to join us in person (or on the phone) on Tuesday, October 16, 2012 from 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. OGIS Director Miriam Nisbet and Jean Whyte, Director of National Archives’ Alternative Dispute Resolution program, RESOLVE, will discuss these questions and more:
- How does OGIS use DR to work with requesters and agencies?
- How can agencies use OGIS’s services and how can they use DR skills at the earliest? possible time to make the FOIA process go more smoothly?
- What kinds of cases has OGIS handled in the past three years?
- Where are the opportunities for DR practitioners and for FOIA professionals?
- What are the barriers to this emerging area of DR?
Please bring your lunch and join us for what promises to be a lively discussion. If you prefer to join the conversation by phone, please let us know in your response and we will send you the telephone and conference numbers. Please RSVP to email@example.com for more information.