Welcome to “The Hoover Blackboard.”

by on March 31, 2010

We invite students & teachers who visit the Hoover Presidential Library on a school field trip to BLOG about their visit.

Comments

Bill Pontarelli, Docent April 29, 2010 at 1:41 pm

I had a great time with the students, teachers and adults of Bryant Elem. 4th Grade Group D. Everyone was very attentive and asked interesting questions. I especially liked our discussion of the Berlin Wall and Great Depression. I would love to give these people the tour again next year. There is always more to learn in both directions. Thanks Bill P

alberto April 30, 2010 at 7:41 pm

it was ok

joel wickman May 3, 2010 at 10:20 am

had a great time @ meusem with my fellow pupils from Springville grade 5

Mr. Roudabush May 3, 2010 at 10:22 am

What a great field trip the Springville students had last week! It was really fun and educational! Thanks for everything!

wesley campbell May 3, 2010 at 10:26 am

this was a good feild trip and a good way to learn about Herbert hoover

Bill Pontarelli, Docent May 6, 2010 at 1:27 pm

Grant Wood CR 4th Grade Group A. I had a fun time with this attentive, energetic group. They wanted to take in everything despite being unfamiliar with the life and times of Mr. Hoover

Bill Pontarelli, Docent May 11, 2010 at 2:05 pm

It’s hard to believe that my group A from Lisbon on 5/11 were second graders. You were very grown-up. Nice manners and very good questions. I bet you have a great teacher. I hope to see you again.

Bill Pontarelli docent May 20, 2010 at 1:03 pm

I had a great time today with Group C from Strawberry Hill 5th and 6th grade. You were very keen with your answers, questions and impressions. I was a lot older before I understood stock trading. I wish I had more time with you today.

Bill Pontarelli docent May 20, 2010 at 2:07 pm

To Prairie Ridge 4th grade. Thanks for your interest and attention during my tour. Usually students don’t have the understanding of the events of the depression like you had. Smart kids, good teacher. I hope to see you again. Sincerely, Bill Pontarelli docent

Bill Pontarelli docent May 20, 2010 at 2:22 pm

To Aplington-Parkersberg 6th grade Group B 5/14 2:00 pm. What a group my favorite of all time. I haven’t found a french speaker to help translate the poem on the sack in the
Belgian exhibit. But I’ll give it a try with the dictionary. The French: Le moulin dort Husde farine; Helas qu allons nous devenir; Oh! ne craigner pas la famine; Car l’Amerique va venir The rough English The flour mill in Husde sleeps. Alas what will become of us? Fear not famine because America is coming. Sincerely, Bill Pontarelli

Bill Pontarelli, Docent May 27, 2010 at 3:18 pm

Answer for student from Strawbery Hill Elem. 5th and 6th grades , 5/20/, 10:30 am. What was the significance of sign 2239 crb at the Belgian warehouse portion of the museum exhibit? What we saw was a flag not a sign. It would fly on a cargo ship to identify the ship as carrying humanitarian aid not weapons or ammunition. Sincerely, Bill pontarelli docent

Bill Pontarelli, docent June 1, 2010 at 4:12 pm

Thanks to the Expo HS group from Waterloo. I enjoyed your visit very much. You were very attentive. Older student groups give a different, fun, perspective to the tour. Bill — docent

Bill Pontarelli, docent June 3, 2010 at 3:01 pm

Thanks to Prairie View 4th graders. What a group? I love to hear what other history buffs are thinking. You are so well prepared about the economics of the depression. Your teacher should be proud and vice versa. I hope to see you as 5th graders. Sincerely, Bill docent