My favorite part was seeing the Blacksmith Shop!

by on May 12, 2011

Dear Hoover Museum & National Park,

Thank you for showing us all of the exhibits. It was AWESOME! My favorite part was seeing the blacksmith. It is so cool seeing how you can heat metal and then shape it. The saddest part was when we had to leave. I hope I can go again sometime. It was just amazing! I liked his house a lot, it was cute. Thanks again!

Hailey

Comments

Wings Park Elementary May 12, 2011 at 5:07 pm

Thank you for a wonderful day! My favorite part was when we went to the blacksmith shop.
Carlos

Wings Park Elementary May 12, 2011 at 5:08 pm

Thank you for a wonderful day! My favorite part was the blacksmith shop because there was a real blacksmith in the shop. It was an awesome day!
Sami

Wings Park Elementary May 12, 2011 at 5:10 pm

Thank you for a wonderful day! My favorite part was when we visited the blacksmith shop.
Jacob

Wings Park Elementary May 12, 2011 at 5:11 pm

Thank you for a wonderful day! My favorite part was the blacksmith and the inside tour.
Caidin

Wings Park Elementary May 12, 2011 at 5:12 pm

Thank you for a wonderful day. My favorite part was the blacksmith.
Taylor

Wings Park Elementary May 12, 2011 at 5:13 pm

Thank you for a wonderful day. My favorite part was the blacksmith.
Heaven

Preston Elementary May 14, 2011 at 11:41 pm

Thank you for letting us have that tour. Here are 3 things I liked: blacksmith, school house, and Bert’s house. I learned that houses get cramped, that in church you have to sit still for the whole time, and the blacksmith is very hard work and a long time before you leave. My favorite thing was the blacksmith shop. because I liked it when he made the spiral with metal. Thank you.
Justin

Preston Elementary May 14, 2011 at 11:43 pm

Thank you. I learned that in the Quaker church men and women sat separated and their are no leaders or music. I also learned that Herbert Hoover’s dad was a blacksmith. I liked watching the blacksmith work in his shop. I also liked how the church and school are way different from now. My favorite was the little cottage that Herbert Hoover was born in.
Your firend,
Buddy

Preston Elementary May 14, 2011 at 11:46 pm

I learned that Hoover’s house is very small. I learned the school house was really small. I liked seeing Hoover’s grave because I never saw it before. I liked seeing the school house it was cool. I liked everything we did it was fun. Thank You for letting us come. My favorite part was the blacksmith shop. It was cool.
Brandon

Preston Elementary May 14, 2011 at 11:49 pm

I liked the Herbert Hoover house because it’s small. I liked the blacksmith shop because I could make fishing hooks there. I also like the school because it was a one room school house. I learned that Herbert Hoover was an orphan and that he helped orphans. I learned that Herbert Hoover liked to go up to the blacksmith shop and watch his dad work.
Christian

Preston Elementary May 15, 2011 at 9:44 pm

I learned that Herbert Hoover’s dad owned the blacksmith shop. Also that it was right next to the school, and so was his house. I learned that in the church/courthouse the girls sat in one side while the boys sat in the other. I liked when we went in the blacksmith shop, and in his house, and sat in the benches. It rested my feet.
Bailee

Preston Elementary May 15, 2011 at 9:47 pm

Thank you for the tour outside. I learned that Herbert Hoover lived in a small cottage and moved when his mom and dad died. I also learned that the school only had 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grades. Another thing I learned was that the meeting house had two sides, left was women and right was men. I liked that his dad was a blacksmith. I also liked that he made cool things. Another thing I liked was everything he made. My favorite thing is the blacksmith.
Mason

Preston Elem May 17, 2011 at 11:35 am

Dear Linda,
I learned that Herbert’s house was small. I learned that Herbert’s family had 2 kittens. I learned how to make a hook with metal. I liked the house. I liked the blacksmith shop. I liked to learn about the Quakers religion. I liked the way the Quakers separated the church. My favorite part was the blacksmith’s shop. Thank you for all the fun!
Sincerely, Cooper

Preston Elem May 17, 2011 at 11:44 am

Dear Linda,
Thank you for the tour ourside. I learned outside that the Hoover’s house was so small. I also learned that Bert and Theodore went over and watched their dad. I learned that their backyard is a timeline. I liked that we got to go in the schoolhouse. I liked that we got to go in the blacksmith shop. I liked it when we got to go into the house. My favorite part was when we went into the blacksmith shop.
Sincerely, Wyatt

Preston Elem May 17, 2011 at 11:53 am

Dear Linda,
Thank you so much for being my tour guide. I liked the way you talked. It was cool! Also I liked going to Herbert’s house. Another thing I learned was Quakers believed all people were equal no matter what. My favorite part was going to the blacksmith shop. Thanks again.
Sincerely, Sara