The house that Herbert Hoover was born in!

by on May 12, 2011

Dear Hoover Museum and National Park,

I loved being in the house that Herbert Hoover was born in. I cannot believe that the whole family had to share one bedroom. And looking at the grave of President Hoover was a great honor and his lovely Lou Henry.

Jacob Lee

P.S. I loved everything I saw. And I love everything at the gift shop!

Comments

Wings Park Elementary May 12, 2011 at 4:53 pm

Dear Hoover Museum and National Park,
Thank you for the tour and all the time you spent showing us around the museum and the outside activities. I had a lot of fun seeing the house Hoover was born in, the Blacksmith Shop, the church, and the one-room school house. I also enjoyed touring around the museum, the gift shop, and the tour through the prairie. It was awesome to actually go up and see where Lou and Herbert were buried.
Paishence

Wings Park Elementary May 12, 2011 at 4:54 pm

Thank you for a wonderful day! My favorite part was his house and gravesite.
Mycah

Wings Park Elementary May 12, 2011 at 4:56 pm

Dear Hoover Museum,
Thank you for a wonderful day! My favorite part was seeing where he lived.
Thank you! :)
Drew

Wings Park Elementary May 12, 2011 at 4:57 pm

Thank you for a wonderful day! My favorite parts were seeing the gravesite, birthplace, blacksmith shop, school house, and the church. I had lots of fun!
Dana

Wings Park Elementary May 12, 2011 at 5:00 pm

Dear Hoover Museum and National Park,
Thank you for giving your time for showing the Hoover Museum to all of the 4th graders. I had the most wonderful time looking at the house of Herbert Clark Hoover or as Bert. I had so much fun walking on the prairie, then seeing the gravesite of President Herbert Hoover and his wife Lou Henry Hoover. My friends and I took a lot of pictures.
Brianna

Wings Park Elementary May 12, 2011 at 5:02 pm

Dear Hoover Museum and National Park,
Thank you for letting us have a fun time in West Branch. Seeing the buildings and the blacksmith do his job was awesome! My favorite outside building was his home where he was born.

Seeing the museum made everything look like they were 3D. I think you guys do great at making the museum.
Victoria
P.S. I wish I never left!

Preston Elementary May 14, 2011 at 11:22 pm

Thanks for the excellent details on Herbert Hoover. I learned that Herbert was the 31st President. I learned that he got married to Lou. I also learned that he had one brother and one sister. I liked that Herbert was buried right next to Lou. I liked the blacksmith shop. That was cool. I liked the house that Herbert Hoover lived in. My favorite part was when we saw the cartoon characters.
Kameryn

Preston Elementary May 14, 2011 at 11:25 pm

I learned that they did not have cement sidewalks. They had wooden sidewalks. I also learned that they did most of their work outside. I mostly learned about how they lived. I liked how we got to see their house. I also liked that we got to see and keep the blacksmith work. I absolutely loved the church it was so cool. My favorite part was the blacksmith.
Aubree

Preston Elementary May 14, 2011 at 11:28 pm

Thank you for showing us everything outside. I enjoyed it. I learned that Hoover lived in a small house, went to a one room school house, and that he went to college. I liked that blacksmith shop, the school, and the house. My favorite is the blacksmith shop.
Thank you again.
Kelly

Preston Elementary May 14, 2011 at 11:31 pm

I learned about Hoover’s church. I learned that he learned how to fish right in a creek. I learned what Jesse did for a job. I liked the church’s lights. I liked the house because its bed was cool. I liked the gift Hoover got because of the way it was designed. My favorite part was the blacksmith because of how everything looked.
Liam

Preston Elementary May 14, 2011 at 11:35 pm

Thank you for the tour of the Herbert Hoover park. I really liked the house of the Hoovers because it was pretty cool. I also liked the blacksmith because of him showing us how he makes things. I also liked the church because I also learned some things with it. Girls sat on one side and boys on the other side. Another thing I learned that 5 people lived in Herbert’s house and it only has two rooms. I also learned that Herbert’s father worked across the road and Herbert and his brother went to the blacksmith to watch their father.
From
Bryanna

Preston Elementary May 15, 2011 at 9:52 pm

Thank you for bringing us to see fun and cool stuff. I learned some stuff. Number one was back then the girls sat on one side of the church and the boys sat on the other side. Number two is Bert lived in a small house. Three is Bert was buried in the place we went. I also liked somethings. Number one is when we went into Bert’s house, number three is when we saw the school house, and my favorite part was when we saw the church.
Thanks again,
Trevor

Preston Elementary May 15, 2011 at 9:55 pm

Thank you for being our park ranger. I learned how small the houses can be. I learned that Herbert Hoover and Lou were buried next to each other. I learned that they had wooden sidewalks. I liked the blacksmith shop. I liked the little house. That they had oneroom school houses. Thank you again. My favorite part was the church where one side was girls and the other were boys in church.
Curtis

Preston Elem May 17, 2011 at 11:39 am

Dear Linda,
Thank you for touring us. I learned that houses back then were small. I learned stoves have a pipe sticking out of the top. I also learned the rooms were really small. I liked the beds. I liked the church. I also liked the hook that we got. The church was my favorite part.
Sincerely, Drew

Preston Elem May 18, 2011 at 12:08 pm

Dear Linda,
Thank you for touring us outside, it was really fun. I learned how big his house was. I learned how much space they get. I learned what they do in the blacksmith shop. I liked when the blacksmith made the hook. I liked when we went in the school house. I liked when we went to the meetinghouse room. I liked when we saw the Statue of the God named Isis. And, it had a cloth over it’s head because they don’t want anybody to know who it is. I thank you again for showing us around the places and what they do. Thank you so very much.
Kailee

Preston Elem May 18, 2011 at 12:12 pm

Dear Linda,
Thank you for being my outside tour guide. I learned that Bert’s Dad had his own blacksmith shop. I learned how small Bert’s house was. I learned his sidewalk was made out of wood. I like the blacksmith shop. I like his house. I like the school. My favorite part was his house. Thank you.
Your friend, Holly

Preston Elem May 24, 2011 at 12:56 pm

Dear Linda,
I learned what the house Hoover lived in looks like. I also learned Hoover shared a room with his parents. The interesting thing I learned is that Hoover’s father was a blacksmith. I liked how Hoover’s house had two kitchens. My favorite thing was the Statue of Isis, the Goddess of Life.
Sincerely, Gunnar