Roving Reporter

by on May 31, 2011

My name is Miranda and I’m reporting back... I’m from FMI. I had an amazing time!! I loved when we went to the blacksmith shop! I loved it because it had all these old fashioned hammers and stuff like that. All the people were really nice. When we had the tour inside the building I saw an old typewriter. I want one of those so badly! I got a beautiful diamond rock in the gift shop. I can’t believe they were only four bucks. I bought another thing that I’m writing with right now. It is a money pencil! This field trip was great. Thanks for everything. I never had a more wonderful field trip in my life.

Miranda

P.S. The grave site was good, too. I kind of almost cried because they were so kind and sweet to children then they had to die!!

Comments

Frances Marion Intermediate June 1, 2011 at 1:46 pm

My name is Vivian and I’m reporting back… That was the most exciting field trip I ever had! I learned a lot about President Herbert Hoover and saw really cool things. My favorite part was when we saw the gravesite and looked down and saw the house it all started in. I really enjoyed the trip!

Frances Marion Intermediate June 1, 2011 at 2:24 pm

My name is Dausen and I’m reporting back…It was a fun experience to go to the museum and learn about Herbert Hoover. I also liked the movie of him. P.S. I want to travel like him someday.

Frances Marion Intermediate June 1, 2011 at 4:41 pm

My name is Avery and I’m reporting back… Thank you for letting us see the school house, blacksmith shop, cottage, meeting place, and his grave. I thought the grave was really cool. I wonder what it was completely like back then and I wonder what Herbert Hoover was like back then? He also wasn’t buried that far from where he was born.
Your 4th grade reporter,
Avery

Frances Marion Intermediate June 1, 2011 at 4:44 pm

This is Austin reporting back… I liked everything that you had. But the coolest thing was the gift shop. I got a President baseball, it is one of the coolest baseballs I ever got so far in my collection. I wish our school was named after Hoover. My favorite banner of the schools was the cardinal one. I hope everybody gets to know Hoover because some country would probably not exist. Herbert Hoover is the best person ever!!

Frances Marion Intermediate June 1, 2011 at 4:46 pm

My name is Emma and I am reporting back… I like the tour and the stuff you showed my class. I liked the pictures, too. I liked his house the best. It was cool! I think that you kept the house cool. The movie was cool, too. Thank you for it (the tour).
Your friend,
Emma
P.S. I am from FMI in Marion, IA.

Frances Marion Intermediate June 1, 2011 at 4:48 pm

I’m Trevor and I’m reporting back… I liked seeing the house and the blacksmith’s shop. The Museum was also cool, too. I thought that the church was kind of interesting because the boys and girls were split up. I had a lot of fun at the park.

Frances Marion Intermediate June 1, 2011 at 4:51 pm

My name is Grace and I’m reporting back… Thank you for showing us around. I especially liked the school house and blacksmith. I really did enjoy it and the gift shop. I would probably say the blacksmith and the gift shop were my favorite. The grave was cool, too. I thought the Friends Meeting House was cool. To think they separated girls from boys, I really need that. Again thank you for showing us around.

Frances Marion Intermediate June 1, 2011 at 4:54 pm

My name is Madison and I’m reporting back… First of all thank you for letting us go to your Museum. It was awesome. I liked the part when we got to see Herbert Hoover’s house and when we got to see the school. I also liked that you got to bring money and get to buy something from the gift shop. I got a pencil holder with all the presidents on it. Then I got a 100 dollar pencil. Then I got Hoover chocolate and I got a crystal rock.

Frances Marion Intermediate June 1, 2011 at 4:57 pm

I’m your Roving Reporter Rheanna reporting back… Thank you for letting F.M.I. come to the Herbert Hoover Museum. I really appreciated it. My favorite part of the tour was the house. I cannot believe they could sit for about one hour in the church.

Frances Marion Intermediate School June 2, 2011 at 12:36 pm

This is Maddie, reporting back ..I really liked the tour of the town and museum. Thank you for showing us around. I really liked the gravesite, how you could see the house from the gravesite and the site from the house. Also, my favorite part was the gravesite. I really enjoyed having a tour of it. Thank you for giving me the tour. You guys did a very good job. I loved all the scenery and the stuff really looked like he was still living there.

Frances Marion Intermediate School June 2, 2011 at 12:44 pm

My name is Carter and I’m reporting back..
I liked the whole thing and the museum, the school, and the grave of the President. I also liked the blacksmith’s shop. It was awsome. You should have him work all the time you are open. I also liked the schoolhouse because of the desks. We have one at our house and it does not have the ink holder and the wood is dark in some places. I also liked the video. I think it was awsome. I also liked the gravesite because you could see his house from the gravesite. I also liked the boardwalks a lot but you should put boardwalks all over the town. Do not use cement.

Frances Marion Intermediate School June 2, 2011 at 12:50 pm

This is your roving reporter, Grace, reporting back..
Thank you for letting us come to the Herbert Hoover Museum. It was really fun! My favorite part was the display of Herbert Hoover fishing. The fake water looked real! The gravesite was really cool too! It was really fun being there. Also, the tour guides did a really magnificent job!

Frances Marion Intermediate School June 2, 2011 at 12:54 pm

Mason here, reporting back…
Thank you for a wonderful time at the museum. I learned a lot of new things there. My favoirite place in the town was the blacksmith shop. I think it would be cool to make a living out of that. My favorite part of the museum was the schooling for Presidents. I lliked the lockers the most. The museum was my favorite part overall. I liked all the stuff in the gift shop. Some of my favorites were the rock candy, the moving book, the baseball, the pens, pencils, and gold coin. Thanks again for the wonderful trip.

Frances Marion Intermediate School June 2, 2011 at 1:00 pm

My name is Faith and I’m reporting back..
Thank you for the wonderful tour that you gave us. My favorite thing there was the museum. My favorite thing in the museum was probably all the fake people, like the one showing him fishing as a small boy and at the end of the tour when it showed him all grown up and fishing, and the plastic that looked like water. Another thing I liked was EVERYTHING. I think everything was interesting in many ways but my top favorite was the museum. I also enjoyed the pictures of the little kids that looked like skeletons. It was very interesting and very scary. Well, once again, thank you so much.

Frances Marion Intermediate School June 2, 2011 at 1:06 pm

This is Livvy, reporting back..
Thank you so much for giving us a tour through the Herbert Hoover Museum!! It was great. You did a really good job. Do you like giving tours, because that was really good. My favorite part was the schoolhouse because the smell reminded me of camp. The Herbert Hoover Museum is a really great place. I would love to come back. You were really great at getting every little detail I needed to know. Mrs. Cannon (our teacher) said that she was very lucky to have you again. You made the Herbert Hoover Museum sound awsome. Thank you again for giving us an awsome tour!

Frances Marion Intermediate June 2, 2011 at 1:23 pm

Hello, I’m Calvin and I’m reporting back… The Herbert Hoover Library was awesome. My favorite parts/objects were the face mask of Hoover’s face. My other favorite thing was Herbert Hoover’s statue of him fishing. I also liked the town, the School House to White House exhibit, the movie, the Hoover Dam photo, and the Belgium god statue. Thank you for being our rangers and docent.

phillip October 11, 2011 at 2:21 pm

10-4-11

Dear Herbert hoover museum employee,
My favorite introduction was when I got to see his house. His grave site was cool to see. I could see his house from the grave site. It was seeing his dad’s workshop. I liked the movie because it was telling me different things about him. I never knew that he and his wife was the 31st president. That was pretty cool. Herbert hoover helped the poor kids because they had no food. That was cool to. He must’ve loved fishing. That was cool he went to college and met Lou Henry. The cool thing about him is that he became president after franklin d Roosevelt. The church was cool to see. What I enjoyed was seeing the church. What I learned about was that he joined for president. That was pretty cool. He got blamed for the poor kids, because they lost their food.

From Phillip Jackson