The Hoover Grave Site!

by on May 31, 2011

I would like to say “thank you for telling me about Herbert Hoover, and showing me where he lived, his school, the blacksmith shop, and the meeting house.”  I told my parents all about it, and they said it sounded neat. I also enjoyed seeing where he was buried! That was AWESOME!

Chloe

Comments

Frances Marion Intermediate June 1, 2011 at 1:48 pm

Thank you so much! I really enjoyed our visit. My favorite part was the gravesite. It was really cool! I also loved how you can see Herbert Hoover’s house between the trees.
From Lauren at FMI

Frances Marion Intermediate June 1, 2011 at 1:49 pm

Dear Hoover Museum workers,
That place was cool. I really liked the gravesite. It was great! I’m glad we came. Thanks a lot!
Patrick

Frances Marion Intermediate June 1, 2011 at 1:50 pm

Thank yo very much! All the stuff I saw was so cool. My favorite part was his house and his grave.
Thank you very much!!!!!!!
From Sydney

Frances Marion Intermediate June 1, 2011 at 1:51 pm

My favorite part was when we got to see their grave.
Thank you!
From Nick

Frances Marion Intermediate June 1, 2011 at 1:55 pm

Thank you Hoover Museum for taking us on the tour. It was very nice. I liked taking the tour inside because it has lots of pictures. I don’t like to take a tour outside because it’s so hot out. The heat is acting like summer. I love the gift shop and I love the movie that I watched last Friday. It was really cool. I liked to eat outside because it so warm out. I love looking at things because I want to. Thank you for showing us the graveyard. I liked to touch the buttons on the lockers.
Blake

Frances Marion Intermediate June 1, 2011 at 1:56 pm

Thank you Hoover Museum for showing us the gravesite.
From Michael

camric kimmel October 11, 2011 at 2:18 pm

10-4-11

Dear Herbert hoover museum
My name is Camric Kimmel. My class went to your museum yesterday and it was very interesting.
These are some of the things I was interested about. I was interested in the map of the world on the floor. The glass doors it was very cool but I couldn’t figure out the symbol on the door it looked like the president symbol. I was also interested about the graves; I could see the house from the graves. I was interested in the guns and I wanted to know if they were real. I also saw the fishing pole with the statue. Is it a real fishing pole that he made? Was the school house, the school he went to? And I think I saw some mice were they real. I saw the house that had only two rooms was that the actual house he lived in? i think it was cool that the grave site the graves were made out of marble.
Sincerely
Camric Kimmel

danielle parmentier October 11, 2011 at 2:27 pm

the hebert hoover grave yard is a pretty site. i thought it was a place where plants were alone there. i never new so much about him

Malakia Keller October 11, 2011 at 2:29 pm

I thought the grave sight was so pretty because the herbert and Lue’s grave was together and I thought that was so beautiful you could see the flag where they were buried from the house!

rojo myers October 11, 2011 at 2:30 pm

one of my favroite thing’s was the grave site and it was cool to see his house from there. I loved to watch the movie and everybody blamed things on him.

Cleo Martinez October 11, 2011 at 2:30 pm

I think the Herber Hoover grave site was pertty. From the middle of the grave site, you can see his cottage. The flag was cool and Hoover was a wonderful man. I think his grave site has a great view of the park!!!!!!!!!!!!!
From,
Cleo!

Mary Evans October 13, 2011 at 5:18 pm

Good afternoon Camric,
Everything you saw in the Museum and in the Historic Site is real. Mrs. Hoover collected guns for one of her hobbies. Once we did an exhibit on Lou Henry Hoover and we displayed a lot of her guns. The fishing pole we have in the exhibit was not made by Herbert Hoover but is true to the era in which he fished. The birth place house you visited is the actual house Hoover and his family lived in.