“We learned a lot about Herbert Hoover!”

by on October 6, 2011

Dear Herbert Hoover Staff,

Thank you for letting us go to the museum. One thing that was something I learned was Herbert Hoover had the same birthday as me. And he liked fishing and I like fishing, too. Something that was interesting was he had two dogs. And he had a very small house when he was little.

Sydney

Comments

Westfield Elementary October 6, 2011 at 8:47 pm

Dear Herbert Hoover Museum Staff,
I had a lot of fun at the Herbert Hoover Museum. My favorite part was when we went to the blacksmith’s. I liked it when he showed us the difference between oxen, horse and mule shoes. I liked it when we walked into the meeting house. It was weird how they separated the girls from the boys. I thought Herbert Hoover’s childhood house was really cool. I would hate sharing a room with everyone in my family. I had a lot of fun at the Herbert Hoover Museum.
Brenna

Westfield Elementary October 6, 2011 at 8:50 pm

Thank you so much for showing us all the stuff about Herbert Hoover. My favorite room is the one with him fishing. I like the sound effects. The Blacksmith was cool, too. He showed us some shoes for horses, mules, and oxen. The movie was very sad, but I loved it. I hope I can visit back sometime.
Nyna

Westfield Elementary October 6, 2011 at 8:53 pm

Dear Herbert Hoover Museum Staff,
Thank you for letting us visit the museum. It was fun. I was sad when we went to the gravesite and I want to ask you something. How did Lou die? I think the best part was the Blacksmith because it was cool to see. I liked it a lot. It was fun!
Macky

Westfield Elementary October 6, 2011 at 8:57 pm

Dear Herbert Hoover Museum Staff,
Thanks for having us. I appreciate all that you do for us. I never even knew who Herbert Hoover was. Now I could write a whole book on him. My favorite part was the Blacksmith. I couldn’t imagine how it would be living in such a small house. And the church was wierd because ladies go on the opposite side. The praying thing is kinda wierd, too. Probably the most peaceful and quiet place in the whole exhibit. The most coolest thing was the movie. That touched me a lot! The thing that will help me remember your exhibits is what I bought at the gift shop.
From, Carson

Westfield Elementary October 6, 2011 at 9:01 pm

Dear Herbert Hoover Museum Staff,
Thank you for letting me and my class come. I really liked the blacksmith shop. It was really cool when he got the metal hot and bent it into a cool shape. I also liked his childhood home. It was cool the way they did things, and that they had no electricity. The gravesite was cool, too. It’s awesome that a president is buried in Iowa. The exhibits were amazing. It is very generous of Herbert Hoover to donate all of that food and not expect anything back at all. That is why I liked the museum.
Allie

Westfield Elementary October 6, 2011 at 9:05 pm

Dear Herbert Hoover Museum Staff,
Thank you for inviting me to the exquisite Herbert Hoover Museum. It was wonderful! I liked the graveyard, the church, school, and his home when he was a young boy. What I liked about the graveyard was that I got to see a real president’s grave! I also liked the church because I think it would be extremely hard to sit there and pray for hours! I liked the house because it was small but roomy. And the school was nice because you got to be with all your friends. But most of all I liked the gift shop and the blacksmith. I liked the gift shop because it had things you could buy that helped you remember Herbert Hoover. And I liked the Smith because of how quick he could make a musical instrument.
Nicholas

Westfield Elementary October 6, 2011 at 9:08 pm

Dear Herbert Hoover Museum Staff,
Thank you for giving us a tour of the museum. I enjoyed going outside and I learned that the school house was the first building to be built in West Branch, Iowa. I also learned that Herbert loved fishing. What I think is interesting is how good of a person Herbert is. Another thing I thought was interesting is how the blacksmith works. Thanks again for giving us a tour.
Sean

Westfield Elementary October 6, 2011 at 9:10 pm

Dear Hoover Museum,
Thank you for letting us visit. I loved visting. One student brought her inhailor. When the movie played she hated it. I liked looking at Herbert’s House. It’s cool for being built by hand. I’ll definetly try to come again!
Anna

Westfield Elementary October 6, 2011 at 9:12 pm

Dear Hoover Museum,
Thank you for letting us visit the museum. My favorite part was the blacksmith. Some thing I learned was that Herbert’s mom and dad died when he was nine. And that Herbert loved to fish. I can’t believe that they could fit 5 people into two beds. And thank you again for teaching us about Herbert Hoover.
Emily

Westfield Elementary October 6, 2011 at 9:15 pm

Dear Herbert Hoover Museum Staff,
Thank you for giving us a great field trip. I never knew that Herbert Hoover’s parents both died. I also never knew that Herbert gave all the food to those people. Something that was interesting was that Herbert’s house he was born in still exists. Another thing interesting is the blacksmith’s job.
Sarah

Mary Evans October 6, 2011 at 10:02 pm

Lou Henry Hoover died of a heart attack one evening. She was 69 years of age.

Westfield Elementary October 7, 2011 at 5:05 pm

Dear Hoover Museum Staff,
I enjoyed going to the museum, My favorite thing was seeing Hoover’s house or his school. I liked Hoover’s house. I liked it because the way they used rooms for different things was interesting to me. It was also interesting they moved the stove in and out of the house. I liked the school because it was cool how the desk was connected to the seat in front of it. The blacksmith’s shop was cool. I liked the way the blacksmith made the curl with the steal. I wish we could have stayed longer than we did.
Megan

Westfield Elementary October 7, 2011 at 5:08 pm

Dear Hoover Museum Staff,
The most interesting thing I saw was the blacksmith. I had a lot of fun. I also loved the gift shop. I was a really good fieldtrip. I like our tourist, she was very nice. Hoover;s life is exciting, sad, and happy. It was exciting when he became president. It was sad when his parents died. It was happy when he gave the hungry people food. I love the Hoover Museum!
Katelynn

Westfield Elementary October 7, 2011 at 5:12 pm

Dear Hoover Museum Staff,
The museum was so cool! I really liked the school house, church and Herbert’s two room house. I can’t believe that five people lived there. I learned that Herbert had a wife named Lou Henry and two kids. I also learned that Herbert died when he was 90 in 1964. And Lou died in 1944. I thought it was cool that they got buried by each other at the museum. It was so greatful of him to do so many things.
I loved the museum! Thank you for letting us come!
Aubri

Westfield Elementary October 7, 2011 at 5:25 pm

Dear Hoover Museum Staff,
I had a fun time at the Herbert Hoover Musuem. The outdoor museum was awesome. The blacksmith was one of my favorites. I liked how he made the curly part of the triangle bell. Another thing that interested me was how small his house and his school were. Mr President’s house was very small but had a lot of uses. The school surpirsed me becasue of how the school could fit the first to eight grade in there. One thing I learned was that Herbert Hoover was a Quaker. The outdoor museum had lots of interesting facts. Of course, in the indoor museum I learned a lot more. I never knew that his father died when he was 6, and his mother 9. Last time I went there on a tour, the guide said that Lou henry died after partying, and when she went to sleep she never woke up again is that true? I liked the museum, and it’s interesting facts. Thank you again!
Savannah
P.S.- I never kn ew that Herbert Hoover and his wife Lou henry were buried toether on the hill side over watching Hoover’s home where he was born.

Westfield Elementary October 7, 2011 at 5:46 pm

Dear Hoover Museum Staff,
I had a really fun time out the museum. I liked the Blacksmith. The school was pretty cool. The house was small. I was cool.
Brock

Westfield Elementary October 7, 2011 at 5:48 pm

Dear Hoover Museum Staff,
Thank you for everything and I love the boomerang. It flies high and when it came back to me and it was cool. The movie was good too.
Parker

Westfield Elementary October 7, 2011 at 5:49 pm

Dear Hoover Museum Staff,
The things I did not know. I did no know that his parents died when he was 6 and 9 years old, that he lived in China with Lou Henry. We was an awesome president.
From,
Noah

Westfield Elementary October 7, 2011 at 5:57 pm

Dear Hoover Musuem Staff,
I had a lot of fun learning about Herbert Hoover. His childhood was kind of poor but when he got older, his life was better. The most interesting part I learned was he spent 7 days riding on a train all by himself. I would never want to do that. It was very fun meeting you.
Gabriella

Westfield Elementary October 7, 2011 at 5:58 pm

Dear Hoover Musuem Staff,
I learned that Herbert Hoover’s father was a blacksmith and he died when Herbert Hoover was six. Herbert Hoover was buried by his wife, Lou Henry Hoover. His mother was a seamstress.
Your friend,
Cameron

Westfield Elementary October 7, 2011 at 9:07 pm

Dear Herbert Hoover Staff,
I really liked the museum exhibits, but my favorite one is the roarin’ twenties. Thank you for teaching me about Herbert Hoover’s childhood. It was very interesting. I also liked to look at the school and blacksmith shop. And I learned that they split in two sides in the Quaker meeting house. And so thank you so much for teaching me about Herbert Hoover.
Ashwin
Thank you.

Westfield Elementary October 7, 2011 at 9:09 pm

Dear Herbert Hoover Staff,
Thank you for letting 4th grade come. I liked the wheat around the world. Next I loved the exhibits because it’s good information. Thank you for letting us come.
Amanda

Westfield Elementary October 8, 2011 at 3:55 pm

Dear Hoover Museum,
Thank you for letting us visit the Hoover Museum. I liked how we got to see Herbert Hoover’s real house! I also liked the squirrel on top of the cabin. It looked really realistic. The information you gave was awesome. So yeah I really liked it.
Westin

Westfield Elementary October 8, 2011 at 3:58 pm

Dear Herbert Hoover Staff,
Thank you for letting us come and see your museum. I learned that girls sat on a different side of the church than boys did. I also learned that Lou collected the blue and white china vases. I thought that what the blacksmith did was interesting. Another thing I found interesting is that Herbert ran for president again and lost. Thank you so much!
Maya

Westfield Elementary October 8, 2011 at 4:00 pm

Dear Hoover Museum,
Thank you for letting us visit the museum. I learned that Herbert liked fishing and hiking. He was born August 10, 1874 and died October 20, 1964. His dad was a blacksmith. He was the 31st president. He was a Quaker.
Your friend,
Cassidy

Westfield Elementary October 8, 2011 at 4:02 pm

Dear Hoover Museum,
Thank you for letting us visit the Museum. I liked the blacksmith shop and the birth place. I learned a lot about Herbert Hoover. I think it is very kind of Herbert Hoover to feed the starving people. I think it is very cool that Herbert Hoover was the 31st president. I loved the Herbert Hoover Museum!
Jaslyn

Westfield Elementary October 8, 2011 at 4:05 pm

Dear Herbert Hoover Staff,
Two things I learned were that they were buried in Iowa, and that he helped Belgium with the hunger situation. Two things that were interesting were, the Blacksmith, and the auditorium. It was really fun looking at how his life went. I liked the part when we went on the tour. I really liked it! Thank you Herbert Hoover Staff.
Oliver

Westfield Elementary October 8, 2011 at 8:09 pm

Dear Hoover Museum of Herbert Hoover,
Thank you for letting us visit. I mostly liked the birth place. It was so cool to see it all. It was wonderful!
PS. It looked so awesome. I would love to visit again!
Rachael

Westfield Elementary October 8, 2011 at 8:11 pm

Dear Hoover Staff,
I learned his wife didn’t cash in money. I learned about his dad. Something interesting was looking at his gravesite and his cabin. I liked the willow trees.
THANK YOU!
Love,
Chloe

Westfield Elementary October 8, 2011 at 8:14 pm

Dear Herbert Hoover Staff,
I had lots of fun! I learned that Herbert Hoover was raised in a house with 2 rooms. I also learned that he had one older brother and one younger sister. I think that he was buried in West Branch, Iowa is really interesting. It was interesting that he traveled around the world five times. I thought it was AWESOME!
Aaron

Westfield Elementary October 8, 2011 at 8:18 pm

Dear Herbert Hoover Staff,
I learned a lot about Herbert Hoover. He loved to go fishing. He was married to Lou Henry. His wife wasn’t cashing in her checks. And the only way he knew was when he was looking through her stuff. Some stuff that were very interesting… How they had a basement under their porch. I also thought the school was very interesting. How they had a stove to get heat. Thank you. It was very fun being there! I love the Herbert Hoover Museum!!!
Love Reytom

Westfield Elementary October 8, 2011 at 8:22 pm

Dear Herbert Hoover Staff,
The thing I learned the most is when Bert was fishing. It was really cool. The one in color was cool because in the water it looked kind of real. But the other thing was the grave. I liked the background. How do you do that? Some interesting things are the Blacksmith. It was really cool because how the guy made the iron into a circle. How the tempurature was when it was yellow, red, orange.
Joey

preston frericks October 11, 2011 at 2:18 pm

this is the best musem ever every body should go to this musem I think the Jesse hoovers black smith shop

preston frericks October 11, 2011 at 2:22 pm

was awesome and also people should take a tourer of the musem thiswas the best feild trip ever cant wait to go again !!!!!

Daniel Wilkinson October 11, 2011 at 2:25 pm

Something that I learned at the mueseum was that Hoover was a great humanitarian. I also learned that he used to be a mining engineer. He traveled the world with and was married to Lou Henry.