Minutes from the February 18th DC-area Researchers Meeting are now available
The minutes from the Researcher Users’ Group meeting on February 18th (PDF) are now available on the Archives.gov page for the Researcher Users Group at the National Archives in the Washington, DC Area.
Topics covered in the meeting included:
– NARA’s Transformation Plan
– The 1940 Census
– An update on the Archives I renovation plans
– An update on the purchase of new microfilm reader-scanners for Archives I
– A discussion of the potential move of military records to St. Louis
– A discussion of the Library at Archives I
Please join us for our next meeting at 1 PM on Friday, May 20th, 2011 at Archives II in College Park, Maryland, lecture rooms B/C. Please let us know here on NARAtions if you have any suggestions for the agenda and we’ll pass your ideas along to the Customer Services Staff.
And don’t forget to mark your calendars for the annual NARA Genealogy Fair on April 20-21. This year’s theme is Become Your Family’s Detective.