Welcome ARMA 2011
As many of you are probably aware, the annual meeting of ARMA International takes place this year October 17-19 at the Gaylord National Hotel and Conference Center. We wanted to make everyone aware of our presence at this meeting and of the sessions and events that are of particular interest to Federal employees. There is a concentration of events on the morning of Monday, October 17:
- The Opening Plenary Session (8:00 a.m.-10:00 a.m.) will feature a keynote presentation “Transforming Records Management” by the Archivist of the United States, David Ferriero.
- The U.S. Federal Government Roundtable Discussion (10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. in the Potomac C meeting room) will be hosted by NARA’s Office of the Chief Records Officer and the Federal Records Centers Program. The event will include informal presentations from the program offices; time to network with your peers from other agencies; and the opportunity to meet with Appraisal Archivists, FRC Account Managers, and other NARA staff.
- The ARMA International Expo Hall will be open from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Anyone can attend the three events above (plenary, roundtable, expo) FREE OF CHARGE. To take advantage of this, you will need to complete on-site registration. Fill out this registration form, select “Expo Only Registration”, and bring the form to the registration desk at the Conference the morning of Monday, October 17. Registration opens at 7:30 a.m.
The afternoon educational sessions begin at 1:00 p.m. The three sessions listed below may be of particular interest to a Federal audience. Please note that in order to attend the afternoon sessions, you must register and pay for the ARMA International meeting (see link above to register for the conference in full).
- 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. “The Electronic Records Archives: What’s Next?” Paul M. Wester, Jr., NARA, Chief Records Officer for the U.S. Federal Government
- 2:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. “Managing Electronic Records in a Federal Government Environment” Kenneth Matthews, USAID
- 4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. “Web 2.0: A Federal Case Study” Charley Barth, Department of the Navy; Maryam Azini, SAIC; and Jeannette Plante, Department of Justice
We look forward to seeing you at these events and welcome all the ARMA attendees to the Washington area. Have a great conference!