Comment and Posting Policy
You are encouraged to share your comments, ideas, and concerns. Please be aware of the following policies for this blog:
- NARA will review all comments before posting them.
- Your comments are welcome at any time. We intend to review and post comments as frequently as possible including weekends and evenings. Fastest turnaround times will likely be between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm Monday through Friday.
- NARA will not post comments that contain abusive, vulgar, offensive, threatening or harassing language, personal attacks of any kind, or offensive terms that target specific individuals or groups.
- NARA will not post comments that are clearly off-topic, that promote services or products that are unrelated to the topic, or that promote or oppose any political party, person campaigning for elected office, or any ballot proposition.
- Gratuitous links to sites are viewed as spam and may result in the comment being removed.
- Communications made through the blog’s email and messaging system will in no way constitute a legal or official notice or comment to the NARA or any official or employee of NARA for any purpose.
- The content of all comments are released into the public domain unless the commenter clearly states otherwise, so do not submit anything you do not wish to be broadcast to the general public.
- Personally identifiable information such as social security numbers, addresses and telephone numbers will be removed from comments by the moderator before they are posted.
- NARA does not discriminate against any views, but reserves the right not to post comments that do not adhere to these standards.
NARA will make best efforts to review comments and post them as quickly as possible.
The Public Interest Declassification Board (PIDB) created this blog to gain feedback on fundamental transformations of the classified national security information system. However, information posted on this blog is not official policy of NARA or the PIDB and will in no way grant anyone any rights, privileges, or standing on any matter. All information should be verified through official channels at NARA. For contact information at NARA, please check http://www.archives.gov or email the Public Interest Declassification Board directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.